SUZUKI SX4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Mileage Club - Lets post all the problems and how you retify it.

3 posters

Go down

High Mileage Club - Lets post all the problems and how you retify it.  Empty High Mileage Club - Lets post all the problems and how you retify it.

Post  mob_by Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Hello!

Let us have a place to consolidate all the problems we have face so far especially for those cars born in the '07 and '08, clocking above 40K mileage, do you mind to state what are the problems you have encounter and what sort of repairs have been done? I think this is very useful for everyone to know and what to expect in case similar cases happens.

Let me begin;

Mine just hit 40K 2 days ago, problems;

1) @22K - Rattling noise coming from glovebox. DIY with some padding bought from Daiso and problem solved.

2) @25K - Rubber seal for window starts to warp, send back to CM to change all. They advise to use silicon protectant to "moisturize" it occassionally.

3) @38K - Left rear column (imagine fuel tank cap area, if you open your boot, left side), metal knocking & twisting noises. Send back to CM to check, they mentioned reverse sensor box loose. They tighten it, perform safety point checks, so far it seems the problem resolved.

4) Until present - Wiper juddering, still have no idea how to resolve it, send to Autobac for windscreen spa treatment, have not really test under raining condition. Anyone can advise?

mob_by

Back to top Go down

High Mileage Club - Lets post all the problems and how you retify it.  Empty Re: High Mileage Club - Lets post all the problems and how you retify it.

Post  xiaotan Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:05 am

mob_by wrote:
4) Until present - Wiper juddering, still have no idea how to resolve it, send to Autobac for windscreen spa treatment, have not really test under raining condition. Anyone can advise?

Wiper Juddering i have this issue also, so i ask my car wash uncle, he told me there is a few reason to this thing,
1) cos use the wrong glass cleaner,
2) oil/petrol stain that dry up on the glass
3) use car wash shampoo to wash the glass but nv rinse properly
xiaotan
xiaotan
Admin

http://sgsx4club.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

High Mileage Club - Lets post all the problems and how you retify it.  Empty Re: High Mileage Club - Lets post all the problems and how you retify it.

Post  xiaotan Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:14 am

My problem below,
1) Currently having some sound from my rear suspension, going to Race Tech Tml to see wat happen. (TBA)
2) Jux change new rim to 17"x8"x offset 30. Gana rear fender with my lowering spring, have install a rubber stopper inside the absorber.
3) Engine vibrates alot when i start my air con, when to do a flushing on my throttle body but useless. but proble, solve after i change to Nology plug and cable. (still dun understand y)
xiaotan
xiaotan
Admin

http://sgsx4club.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Post  loserow Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:56 pm

mine 80K, ignition coil 2 spoilt. lots engine "knocking". Changed new ignition coil at CM.

loserow

Back to top Go down

Post  mob_by Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:52 am

xiaotan wrote:My problem below,
1) Currently having some sound from my rear suspension, going to Race Tech Tml to see wat happen. (TBA)
2) Jux change new rim to 17"x8"x offset 30. Gana rear fender with my lowering spring, have install a rubber stopper inside the absorber.
3) Engine vibrates alot when i start my air con, when to do a flushing on my throttle body but useless. but proble, solve after i change to Nology plug and cable. (still dun understand y)

Care to share what sort of sound from your rear suspension is like? From my stated problem, seems like we have may have the problem leh..but mine coming from the rear left side.. Razz

btw, check with you about your air con, is it noisy? as in if u are outside the car, the noise from the radiator fan (or the air con fan, I'm not too sure..) sounds like F16 if you get what I mean!! scratch

mob_by

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum